Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Woman's Footprints

One night a woman had a dream- she walked by the sea on the strand and images of her life appeared

along with some marks in the sand. Just her footprints and the Lord's- two sets, but sometimes one;

it seemed as if this happened when there was the most to be done. When she carried so many burdens,

and there was so much to do, she wondered why the Lord had not been there to help her through.

She questioned the Lord about it: "You said You'd be there for me, but it seems whenever I needed

You most, Your footprints I do not see. The Lord replied, "My daughter, I did what I promised to do-

when you see just one set of footprints, the opposite thing is true: while you were carrying everything

else, it was then that I carried you." ~ Jill Wolf ~

No comments:

Post a Comment