Thursday, July 7, 2011

God Always Hears Us

I have always been a firm believer in the power of prayer. The past few weeks have been very stressful but I have managed to keep my head up. First off let me start out by saying that I now know what the saying "too good to be true" means. After several bad relationships with men I thought I really came across a great guy. All of my previous qualities that I had looked for in a guy were different with him, and I mean that in a good way. For some reason I've never dated a guy who had the qualities that a woman should look for and expect. Well, I thought this one could have been a keeper! But, low and behold I was wrong AGAIN! Turned out he wasn't what I thought and basically just stopped talking to me; I was dumped through a text. Ultimate no no! Before that happened I asked God to basically show me if he wasn't the one for me. Well, the text was my answer from God! Even though it took me a while to bounce back into the swing of things I bounced back even stronger than before. I realized that I'm still not going to change because of ANOTHER guy who did me wrong. I deserve the BEST and I know I will one day find it. For now I'm okay with being single. God showed me through that experience that just because we go through a rough patch in our lives doesn't mean we have to lose our integrity in the process. I know I will make someone happy one day but right now might not be my time. God also heard my prayers about my son's surgery. We have been praying that my son's airway will grow and that his hearing will not get worse. On the day of surgery the dr said that his airway grew, he was able to close the trach hole, and his hearing had gotten better! Praise God! He might not have to wear his hearing aids anymore either. Seven years ago, before my little man was born, God had His hands on me and him... and He still does! God is the same today, yesterday, and forever! I will always be a believer and never forget that everything happens for a reason. We must always learn from our experiences and make the best of them. Just because life gets us down doesn't mean we have to stay down. Get up and keep it movin!
"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength." ~Christopher Reeves~

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear the surgery went well. That's wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jessica! Yes it's such a relief and he will be able to go swimming now!

    ReplyDelete